EDI (ELECTRONIC DATA INTERFACE) SERVICES
EDI was created to make communications and documents transmittal between buyers and sellers paperless, more efficient and more economical. EDI is used to translate the seller’s documents into a format that is acceptable by the buyer’s information technology system and to translate the buyer’s documents into a format that is acceptable by the seller’s information technology system. All this is done electronically via the internet. When the buyer issues a Purchase Order, EDI automatically makes it available to the seller without any additional processing. When the seller issues an invoice, EDI makes it possible for the invoice to be posted automatically into the buyer’s payables system without further processing. This reduces labor and mailing costs. Itmas offers a complete set of EDI services as detailed below as an alternative to an in house EDI system.
- Communications with the buyers and your firm to coordinate the set up of the EDI system.
- Communications with other intermediaries to set up the EDI connections.
- Setting up Catalogue in a system that is accessible to your buyers. Inputting data on all your items. The Catalogue system is a central repository where all information regarding products being offered for sale is stored. The buyers access the information to prepare their Purchase Orders.
- Updating Catalogue every season or as required.
- Mapping all documents. This is the creation of the conversion mechanism that translates all the buyers’ documents into a form acceptable to the vendor and vice versa.
- Retrieving all Purchase Orders and transmitting them to your firm.
- Providing Order Acknowledgement to buyers as requested.
- Retrieving and printing all necessary carton UPC labels for your clients and sending them where appropriate.
- Retrieving and printing all product UPC labels for your clients and sending them where appropriate.
- Communicating with your shipping department or freight forwarder regarding dates of shipments in order to provide Advance Ship Notice to buyers.
- Providing Advance Ship Notice to your clients. This has to be provided to your clients before anything is shipped as this document generates the carton UPC label information.
- Creating invoices in the EDI system with all your company information. Usually this is done by converting the Purchase Order into an invoice.
- Correcting any discrepancies that come up.
- Transferring the invoices into your company’s accounting system.
Most Chain Stores and Department Stores will not buy from a Company that is not EDI capable. We have a great deal of experience in EDI processing with all the major Department Stores including Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bergdorf Goodman and The Gap.
ITMAS • THE OUTSOURCING SPECIALIST
A SINGLE PARTNER • MULTIPLE SOLUTIONS